A successful direct marketing campaign can not only provide a return on investment, but can also skyrocket profits. Direct marketing is one of the best ways to reach consumers without outside influence. Direct marketing includes print ads, direct mail, and even signs. Many companies take advantage of this concept. It can be best to opt for a mixture of direct and indirect marketing.
How to Plan for a Direct Marketing Campaign
- Make a list. A large part of direct marketing is knowing your audience. You must be able to target this audience. Knowing your audience will save you money as well as provide a better return on investment.
- Provide a value. If you’re not adding sales, rebates, or promotions in your material, you’re wasting your money. The key is to give your audience a reason to make a purchase. Provide a unique and big enough value. However, be sure to make the value time sensitive.
- Have a great and effective design. You need a great design that stands out. However, as we’ve stated time and time again, you want to make sure it fits in with your brand and all your marketing material. In addition to design you, your audience must identify with your material.
- Be your customer. Take a moment and approach your material as if you were the customer. How would you react? Does your offer appeal to you? Do you look credible? Once done, have friends and family review your material and ask the same. If you can’t convince them, you need to make changes.
- Test out the market. There are many companies that have wasted marketing money just by not testing the market. Before launching your campaign, its best to take a small part of your market to test. If you aren’t making a sale in your test market, your unlikely to in your campaign. Use this as an opportunity to make changes and tweak as needed.