Marketing with postcards is one of the most popular and successful ways to build your business. Postcard marketing has emerged as one of the best ways to attract highly targeted buyers. Direct marketing is a powerful tool for any size business. Postcards are read more than other types of direct mail pieces. People have to be motivated to go through envelopes and read the contents. With postcards, the information is right there and no work is needed on their end.
Tricks for Postcard Marketing
- Don’t look like an advertisement. If you look at the postcards in your mail, majority of them look like ads. Some make work and be appealing, some don’t. If you want to increase your response rate, you try to design as if it were a message from a friend. Fonts that look like handwriting and imperfect lines appeal. However, you don’t want it to look like a gimmick.
- Provide an easy and appealing call to action. You want to provide a way for customers to reach out and learn more about you. If you are providing an URL, never provide a long complicated one. No one will remember it.
- Keep your message quick and to the point. Unlike other printed marketing material, post cards need short bold messages. You need to keep it short and snappy to catch the consumer’s attention. Avoid long sentences.
- Provide informative reminders. Depending on what service you offer, you can use postcards to provide useful information like event dates, guides, or important contacts. You can even make the postcard a discount that can be redeemed.
- Start your pitch on the back of the card. When your mail comes in, the mail is almost always address face up. The address is listed on the back of the post card. By starting your pitch on the back of the card, you start the process right away.
If you provide the right message you can get a good return on your investment. Using a redeemable code can help track your success to help with future campaigns.