As your business grows you need to ensure that your printed material is well thought out. When presenting products and services, catalogs, newsletters, product sheets, brochures, letterheads, and etc. should be consistent and match your brand. With improved publishing software, many companies decided to complete this internally. Resist the urge. Professional marketing material is important for creating a lasting impression. Appearance is very important and when It comes to promoting your business you want to ensure your materials are as professional as your business is.
Tips for Professional Marketing Material
Have your logo and stationary designed professionally. A professional can ensure your materials reflect your brands personality while maintaining a clean and professional look. A well-done logo will look good in color and black and white, small and larger sizes, fax and email clearly and more attractive than if you did it yourself.
- Keep your design clean and simple. You don’t want to visually overload your target audience.
- Use heads and subheads to lead your reader. If they turn the page, where do you want them to look.
- Avoid too much type. Pages filled with writing are not as appealing to the reader. You can break up your material with photos, charts, and more.
- Maximize your space. You want to avoid a crowded look, you can do this by using white space. This can serve as a visual frame for the rest of the content.
- Caption each photo. Readers want to know what they’re looking at.
It’s important your material has a family look. You don’t want each piece of material to look the same, but there should be a cohesive look.